Cheesy Tomato Pasta Recipe
There’s something about homemade pasta (that is made from scratch) that makes it look, sound and taste a little fancy and hard to make (atleast in India :-D). Also, people draw an impression that the pasta sauce takes a lot of time to make. But this cheesy tomato pasta recipe is so easy and quick to make and considering that it looks and tastes incredibly delicious, no one’s gonna believe that you made it in less than 20-25 minutes.
Cheesy tomato pasta has an aromatic tangy flavour along with a velvety smooth texture thanks to all that awesome cheese that went into it.
Cheesy tomato pasta is made from simple ingredients that are easily available and definitely different from your classic Arrabiata in terms of texture and flavour. Give this recipe a try and you are in for a treat.
Serves 2 people
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 1 cup of dry fusilli pasta which yields around 2 cups of cooked pasta
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 6 medium-sized tomatoes, skin peeled and pureed
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese for garnishing
- 1 tsp dry oregano flakes for garnishing
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes for garnishing
- In a saucepan, add dry uncooked pasta (fusilli used in this recipe) and add 3 cups of water, 1 tbsp of salt and cook until the pasta is soft and good to consume.
- Blanch (immerse tomatoes in boiling water for a minute and immediately put them in ice cold water. This will make the skin of the tomatoes to peel off the meat ) and puree (make a paste) 6 tomatoes.
- In a pan add olive oil and saute onion and garlic until they are translucent and brown.
- Add tomato puree in the pan. Cook and reduce on low heat for 5 minutes. Add Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Add crushed black pepper, salt and cooked pasta and cook for a minute.
- Add grated cheese and cook until it is melted and mixed well with the pasta and sauce.
- Garnish with grated cheese, dry oregano and red chilli flakes.